Normally I don’t make a new year’s resolution list, but this year I have decided to officially write down the things I would like to accomplish for the year. You know what they say, “If you put it in writing you’re more likely to make it happen.”
- Reduce credit card debt – It’s at the top of list because it completely effects most things I will do this year or things I hope to accomplish on my 3-5 year plan. My new motto is “If I don’t have the cash in the bank I won’t buy it.” I know that’s easier said than done, but I want to be free of owing anyone money.
- Vacation in places other than family hometowns – It’s always nice to go home. I consider myself extremely blessed that I have that option because I know there are people who don’t. That being said…My ultimate vacation destinations are Hawaii and the Caribbean. And, even if I don’t get there this year I plan to take mini vacations to places I’ve never been before. I already have a trip planned for March.
- Visit museums & other cultural enriching experiences – I currently live in a metropolitan area that offers a wide range of art & history museums that are free (’cause a sista is on a budget)!!! It would really be a shame to not take advantage of all my area has to offer. My hope is to visit at least one museum each month.
- Continue developing my art & hobbies – I absolutely love photography and design. I’ve been saying for the last few months that I want to get back into photography. I love the digital camera for it’s convince, but there is nothing like a 35mm camera, especially black & white.
- Grow my web/graphic design company – Last year was a great year for me and my business. Just through small talk I got a contract to design a website for my friend’s travel magazine. That led to me actual designing the magazine. Based on feedback her vendors and clients like my work. This year I’m trying to take it to the next level. Stay tuned!
- Community service & volunteerism – There’s no matter feeling than giving back. It’s just that simple.
- Blog – Honestly, I’ve never been much of a writer. My talent has been in the visual arts (video/film, web & graphic design). I’m looking forward to this experience!!
I’m sure I’ll develop more items as the year goes on, but this is a good start for now. No doubt that some of my adventures will turn into posts.